Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy CNY!

Ok, before I start, I came across this video a few days ago on YouTube and I find it very irritating.
Watch it if you haven't.




LOL. Seriously. I =.=-ed when I was hearing him talk. Like zzz. He doesn't even know how did Chinese New Year came about and he wanna act all smart and talk about it like he's not a Chinese. Walao I got so annoyed with his accent. Such a disgrace to all Singaporeans and also to the Chinese around the world.

HELLO? Chinese New Year exists because the ancient Chinese used a different calendar before the modern one we are using right now, which is the Gregorian calendar system. And he's saying the Chinese people are 'copying' the 'English' people by creating a 'different' 'new year'?? ZZZ. Study your history first, KID. Don't act smart.  This kid is so full of himself. Isn't he a PURE chinese also? It's so obvious that he's trying to act all 'English' with his 'accent', ignoring the FACT that he's also chinese. Wah I really don't know how would the people in China think about him. lol. Ahhh but whatever, enough of him.

But wait, let me show you how many dislikes he got for his LOL video.


Tsk tsk tsk. His So Singaporean video is also very lame, compared to the original one and So Malaysian by Joseph Germani.

Back to what this post was supposed to be about, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR to all my lovely readers, friends and family! Especially to those who can't celebrate CNY with their loved ones back home, I understand how all of you feel. :( I see quite alot of my friends who are overseas emo-ing right now. I know how it feels being away from home, what more being away during this time of the year, the time when all your relatives and friends gather together to just eat, sit and talk about what they've been up to throughout the year before. It's like we only get to do it once a year, and then after this season, everyone will be back in their busy lives, rarely spending quality time with each other anymore. I'm really thankful that Aussie's summer is during this period of time so I get the chance to spend the CNY with my family.

It's Chinese New Year's Eve today, and like every other year, we had our own reunion lunch at home. This year Dad decided to do it the Western style.


Preparation starts. Leanne cutting mushrooms.


Noob face.


Roasting turkey legs.


Nicole lazing around doing nothing.


After all the chopping and cooking.


Huge prawns and scallops as appetizer.


Sauteed mushrooms with onions.


Grilled salmon.


Haagen Dazs for dessert!



And the feast begins! yes, it's sparkling juice. haha. 
To a more awesome year ahead!

I think I'm gonna just stop here. Going for the next round with the relatives later. Hah. Will definitely continue the tradition of reunion lunch/dinner when I have my own family next time!

Before I go off, just wanna share one more video with you.



LOL. So cute I wanna do it too!

Happy Chinese New Year once again!<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers.com - Meet Millions of Bloggers