Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CNY 2012

Hellos. Is CNY over for you yet? Mine was over since Monday. My CNY gets worse year by year omg. Even the Angpaus that I receive get lesser every year. I wonder how will the CNY be like for the next generation. Probably everyone will just treat it as a holiday week and go for vacations. I know some people who do that nowadays. No more balik kampung but keluar negeri/negara. Oh wells I will try my best to keep the 'bai nian' tradition going when I have my own family next time. I think it is an important culture that we Chinese need to preserve.

My whole family is from KL so I don't have any kampung to balik. My grandparents are living just about 10-15 doors away from my house. Lol. I can just walk back to my kampung. That's for the paternal side of the family. Relatives over mum's side are also all in KL but just a lil further.

Day 1 of CNY is always always the most boring day. We'll go visit my grandparents a few doors away and then come home and nap. lol. This year we even went to ou at night. Seriously, who goes for shopping during CNY. zzz.


3 cousins of the same age. We grew up together and will grow old together. lol. They were in the pictures in my 21 years of awesomess post. Go guess who is who. lol. We really have grown.
p/s Lol @ Uncle Johnny photobombing us.


Lol we meet EVERY week. Will miss them when I go back to Melb.

Day 2, mum's side.


ㅋㅋ


Pretty niece. Poor thing have to cut short hair.

 
hah. I really don't know how to handle a baby hands down.


Lunch with uncle.

Day 4, (i think)

With the Church-ies. Hahah. It's not what you think it is. ;)

Day 5,


OU again!


Wonderful shot. LAWL. Mata sepet -doh-.


Day 6, reunion with mum's college friends @Reunion, Bangsar Village 2.



Their friendship lasted soooo long. I hope I can do this with the Current Crew next time.


To the BFFs : Imagine us!


The husbands.


Not to forget, the food was superb.




This was the yummiest. Salted egg with HUGE prawns.


The longevity noodles.



Desserts. 

Was busy eating so I didn't bother to take photos of the rest of the dishes.


Okayh that's pretty much it and I'm going off now.

Lotsa love!




6 comments:

nucleophilic addition-elimination said...

Happy Chinese new year!

Interesting to see you using the Korean kkk (ㅋㅋㅋ).

Sorry for the random comment; I came across this blog from searching up Bachelor of Biomedicine in Google lol.

JesslynnC said...

Hehe, i'm quite into Kpop now that's why :) Went into your blog and found out that you were a Biomed student at UoM as well!

nucleophilic addition-elimination said...

Yeah, I was a Biomed student at UoM up until the end of last year.

I listen to some Kpop too, although mostly SNSD ㅋㅋㅋ.

JesslynnC said...

i love snsd too. my fav is yoona. haha. so are u doing med now? or are u working already?

nucleophilic addition-elimination said...

med hehe. Yoona is my favourite member too (then Seohyun).

너무 반짝반짝 눈이 부셔 no no no no no~
neomu banjjakbanjjak nuni busyeo no no no no no~

From reading your blog, I guess you're in second year this year?

It feels weird to be commenting with my "nucleophilic addition-elimination" name haha. If you ever want to contact me by email etc, one of my emails is under the comment form message in my blog. My blog itself is probably quite boring though; mostly just about med admission (local student too) but a few mentions of snsd.

JesslynnC said...

hahaha. u must be very smart to have been able to enter med school in melbourne uni. and yes i'm in second year now and school starts tomorrow..... zzzzzzzzzzzz

Post a Comment

 
Bloggers.com - Meet Millions of Bloggers